Thursday, September 08, 2005

85%

Just heard this on WAMC this evening in an interview. Sorry I didn't get the details, like who was talking but it was a senator or congressman from Louisiana talking about the cuts that were made to the budget that took away money to maintain and REPAIR the N.O. levees.

The fact was brought out that a recent poll suggests that 85% of Americans are feeling depressed and angry about how the situation in N.O. I know that I am part of that 85% mostly the angry part, and depressed when I consider what the individuals are having to deal with right now on a daily basis.

Anyway, I thought 85% was a pretty high figure. I wonder if Bush's popularity rating is the other 15%.

Okay, there I finally got over my blogfright and posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger FranCroaker said...

I can't imagine what the other 15% are thinking...but I know that the Bush clamp on the media in the area is starting to have an effect. My mother was talking about how it is all the mayor and the governor's fault. I know that they must take some blame, but they were trying, like the rest of LA people, to get money for the levees. Katrina did some real damage to NO, but its the flood from the levee failure that has killed more people, damaged more infrastructure, buildings, and homes, and caused this horrible toxic soup that will make the area unsafe for human habitation for who knows how long.

Glad you got over your blogfright, JustPen. I haven't figured out how to cut from a Word document and paste it in to a blogger post, but it would be great if the updates from Angie and your relatives could be posted.

If anyone knows how to cut and paste, please let me know.

9/09/2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home