Monday, November 07, 2005

Okay Ladies, I feel like I'm in the stew pot with this issue and hardly anyone is shouting that the heat is too high. I am sick and tired or hearing the media refer to Roe vs. Wade as the "Abortion Issue". Just by the continual use of that terminology, the conservative right is taking a strong hold. The issue is about my rights as a woman, the right to determine what takes place in my body, and the right to use my brain and determine what is best for me, and it is about states rights. It just makes my blood boil constantly hearing abortion issue. It is insideous. As women, mothers, and daughters who may remember the significance to womens rights that Roe v. Wade made, we need to make sure that younger women understand what the true issue is.

Look, I am no politician, and I'm not ever crystal clear about the details of Roe v. Wade, but neither are the christian fundamentalists set on taking my rights away from me. The fact that Bush has yet again chosen another male for the supreme court makes me truly concerned for what takes place in my body. I think Harriet Miers was just a ploy, a set up, so that Bush could say, "Congress chose to turn down my Female nominee."

Roman is sick of me ranting about this. He is on our side. But I really get the feeling that Guys just don't get it.

Pen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home